Businesses and community venues will also be required to display QR codes for the new NHS Covid-19 app at their premises by next Thursday, 24 September. Displaying the QR codes will make it easier for customers and visitors with smartphones to check-in safely and securely to a premises by scanning the code.
This new rule will apply to all the following sectors, including settings run by local authorities:
- hospitality, including pubs, bars, restaurants and cafés
- tourism and leisure, including gyms, swimming pools, hotels, museums, cinemas, zoos and theme parks
- close contact services, including hairdressers
- facilities provided by local authorities, including town halls and civic centres (for events), libraries and children’s centres
- places of worship
- community organisations with a physical location that is open to the public
To meet the new legal requirement, the Government is asking all such businesses and organisations to download the QR codes to display as a poster at entrances by 24 September and they have provided materials to help create a poster.