An event for every occasion...
Other Events across the year include:
- Bude Lifeboat Day – the highlight of August for the town with events and displays across the canal, beaches, and The Castle grounds. This event raises thousands of pounds every year for the RNLI.
- Bude Carnival – this fun filled day is full of floats, fancy dress and prizes! Be sure to get to your favourite spot early to watch the parade.
- Bude Christian’s together – located on The Castle grounds, Christian’s Together in Bude & Stratton brings a day for the community to come together for a fun family day out!
- Bude Christmas Markets -Bude Tourist Information team put together a Christmas Market event showcasing the work of local artists, crafters and artisans held at the Beach Huts at Crooklets Beach, Bude.
Bude-Stratton plays host to a wide range of events all year round. With an action packed calendar every year, Bude-Stratton certainly doesn’t shut down for the winter. As well as our own Town Council events, many others take place within our grounds and around the Town.
The Annual Town Council run events include:
- Bude Literary Festival – unfortunately due to the Covid Pandemic, the first festival was unable to be held in 2020, but we are keeping everything crossed that its launch in 2021 can go ahead.
- Bude Earth Festival – was lunched in 2019, and held virtually in 2020, this festival celebrates our close connection to the Earth and Oceans
- Heritage Festival Weekend – One of Bude’s most anticipated events, celebrating our town and local history, offering a free family fun day out. Heritage weekend also sees the Battle of Stamford Hill Commemoration take place on The Castle Grounds.
- Bude Christmas Fair – a spectacle for the whole family, spread across all Town Council run sites this is a real community event that brings together local crafters, artisans and shoppers to kick off the Christmas celebrations.