Camborne, Penzance, St Ives and Truro were selected by Central Government in 2019, as four of the 100 towns that will benefit from support from the new Towns Fund. Each area will benefit from up to £25 million of Government funding.
Since then, additional funding has been made available from Cornwall Council for other towns in the County to bid for. Establishing our own Town Team will enable us to make applications and bid for additional funds.
What will the Town Team Do?
The Town Team will create a Bude Town Plan, which will identify and support a small number of strategic projects that will bring economic prosperity to the town.
The Town Team will need membership across the board that represents businesses, local authority and the voluntary sector. Please contact the office if you would like to be part of the Town Team for 2022.
Membership of the Town Team includes but is not limited to and we encourage those from the digital and creative industries to join.
- The local Member of Parliament
- CC Portfolio Holder for the Economy
- Local Cornwall Cllr x1
- Town Councillors up to 3
- Chamber of Commerce x2
- High Street Representatives up to 4 (Strand, BelleVue, QueenStreet, LansdownRd)
- Bude Area Tourist Board x2
- Voluntary sector organisations up to 2
- Job Centre Manager
- Bude Climate Partnership
- Education up to 2 representing Primary and Secondary sector
- Youth Organisation x1
- Bude Coastal Community Team (BCCT) Board Members x 4
- Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) x1
- Health Care sector x1
- Transport sector x1
- Creative & Digital sector x2
To keep up to date with the latest news regarding the Town Team, sign up to receive our monthly newsletter or follow us on social media.